Write For Us
Our mission is to provide a space for yoga and adventurous enthusiasts of all shapes and sizes to
express their thoughts have their voices heard. We welcome and appreciate contributions from our
quickly growing digital community and we would love to invite you to join our crew.
Have something you want to say? Here’s what you need to know:
– We are primarily a yoga and adventurous based site, that does not mean you are limited to that
subject specifically. As long as your text adequately provides our community with commentary
(negative or positive) —around anything remotely relative to our environmentally conscious, we
want to see it.
– Keep it real. Your blog should naturally flow using the same language and tone you would use
while telling a story to your friends. Reading it out loud before you send it will help.
– Original content is not required but always encouraged. If your work has been published
elsewhere, please receive permission to re-publish the content on our site , let us know and be sure
to include a link to where the post originated. By submitting your article you are giving us the right
to publish it on our site.
– We reserve the right to use anything we publish at any point in time, in any form. By submitting
your work you give us these rights in perpetuity.
– We can’t pay you for your work, but we can offer you the opportunity to see your work published
and edited on a professional platform, the freedom of having your voice heard, the good fortune of
connecting with like minded people, and the chance to touch the lives of the members of our
growing community. Our content is often shared and cross syndicated on various other leading
community blogs and websites as well, increasing the exposure of each of your offerings to the
masses. On top you will have another business card of your work published.
– We don’t require a word count however depending on the subject, posts average anywhere
between 300-1000 words. Remember that however it flows naturally is the best way to write it.
Simply detailed explanations are best.
– If your writing includes something that will need an external link please include them in your
submission email. We will always try first to include internal links where relevant but if there is
anything outstanding that you know is needed please just include the links at the bottom of the post
and let us know where they go.
– We reserve the right to edit submitted material. Your work is great, and we are so incredibly
grateful for it, and we will never change extreme amounts of the content without contacting and
working with you first. Most often this applies to grammar and format. If grammar and text is not
usable we will send it back to you in hope you will correct the mistakes soon.
– Pictures – If you have photographs you would like to use and you own them, great! If you have
photographs that you don’t own or do not have the rights we cannot use them.
– Lists and Top 10 (or another number) posts always do well, ie “10 Ways to become healthier”
“Top 10 of yoga poses for weight loss”.
– Spirit adventures is the only word throughout the entire post that should be all caps, all the time.
– The numbers one through nine should be spelled and 10 starts numeric digits. Try not to start
sentences with numbers.
– The title of a book, song, movie, etc. should be italicized not put in quotations. (Whipping Post,
The Allman Brothers)
– Please use only single spaces after periods or other punctuation at the end of a sentence.
– Title and the featured image are everything. Try to come up with a great title, and if you have a
stellar pic to use please send it over (adhering to the guidelines for pics above). Titles are subject to
change under the editor’s supervision but will always be generated from the body of work.
– Keep it personal- why do you feel this way or that-a personal experience tying you to what you are
expressing through written word. Speak from the heart, people can sense when you aren’t-even over
Spreading the good word:
The most popular articles (the ones with the most pageviews, facebook “likes”, comments, etc.) on
our website will recieve the most exposure on our site, newsletter, and social networks. Below are
some tips to help you get the word out.
– Please include links to your work featured on spirit adventures to any personal blog or website you
– When your post goes live, please post to FB, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. and use tags when
appropriate. The more people who see your post the better it is for your exposure and ours, the more
people that come to our site, the more who will see read your article. Send it out through email to
your family and friends, start promoting other writers whose work you enjoy on our site, and surely
others will promote yours-start engaging in or build a new social community this way.
– Engage readers by asking questions, ask for opinions, comment where appropriate, and stay
– If the blog you have written includes a specific product or book, etc., email the company or author
with the link, and include all of the corresponding handles and tags while promoting.
– Comment on other people’s blog posts and include a link to your own if it’s relevant!
Don’t be shy! Social media is there for us to use!
Still with us? Nice! Here’s how to submit your post:
1) Email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Please include your working title in the subject line.
3) Pictures should be sent as attachments. YouTube and other videos can be as links.
4) Please include a bio and be sure to send over all of the links to social sites and websites you
would like to include within.
5) If your post has been accepted, please expect a response within 3-6 business days.
Thank you so much for your interest in contributing to our community. We look forward to
connecting with you further.
Your Spirit adventures Team!